Friday, June 26, 2009

Fruit of the Spirit Friday


I feel good day today! I love days like this-I got up and cozied up on the couch with caramel coffee and did my Bible study (Me, Myself and Lies-are you doing it with me?). I ran some errands. I completed my cheesy Leslie Sansone work out. I've already drank half my water for the day. I paid some bills online. And it's only noon! I feel productive and effective today. This doesn't happen as often as I would like. WHY NOT?? Because I lack self-control. I read a few verses today that nailed it-
2 Peter 5:5-8 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness: and to goodness, knowledge, and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness, and to godliness, brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Self-control is key in so many areas in my life-staying in the Word like I should, exercising, eating well, using a soft voice with my children, not doing things in excess-like watching tv, cooking at home instead of going out, not spending frivolously, and the list goes on and on. I need to pray for self-control before my feet hit the floor in the morning! Can you relate?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers