Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday


I love summer! I love the heat-yes, I said I LOVE the heat! This is why I live in South Florida. Now- I can enjoy the heat probably more than many for several reasons- 1. I have a/c in my home and my vehicles, so there's always a break from it. 2. I have water all around; pools, beach, water parks-these all make the heat enjoyable.
The most important part of summer that I look forward to is being a SSAHM (summer stay at home mom). I can enjoy my children at our leisure for 2 1/2 months. I consider that such a blessing. When I wanted to be a teacher as a little girl at age 5, it never occurred to me what a great profession it is for moms. I am always able to be with my children on nights, weekends, holidays and extended vacations. I am able to know their teachers' personally and have even had my son in my class for 2 years. I am so thankful that God placed a desire in my heart to be a teacher. Not only because of the obvious reason that teaching is a part of me, but because of the blessings that I am able to experience as a mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers