Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weigh Down Wednesday


On Wednesdays, I will track my weight loss progress. About a year and a half ago I lost thirty-something pounds. And much to my dismay I have gained about 15 of it back. I've never been a yo-yo dieter. I've never lost weight and gained it back-so this is new territory to me. I'm also not an emotional eater; I don't have some deeper issue going on that causes me to eat (as Oprah would have me to believe). I simply got lazy. I stopped exercising, stopped drinking water and made poor food choices. My clothes are tight and some don't fit at all. And I'm so over it. With all that said I'm returning to counting points on WW that led to my weight loss success previously. I'm also going to commit to doing the 3 types of exercise that worked for me as well-riding my bike, using the weighted hula hoop and doing the very cheesy Leslie Sansone walking dvd-which you too can own by going to the nearest Walmart. Most importantly, I'm going to make glorifying God my top priority in my eating and exercising choices. Last Sunday, our Pastor preached right to me on I Cor. 5:31 Whatever you eat or drink, or whatsoever you do, do all to the glory of God. My Ryrie study Bible had the following notes on how to determine if conduct is glorifying to God:
1. Is it beneficial?
2. Is it enslaving?
3. Will it hinder the spiritual growth of a you or a brother?
4. Does it edify (build up)?
I thought these were key guidelines to follow as I decide what to eat and how to stay disciplined in exercise.
I hope to have some great progress to share with you next Wednesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers