Wednesday, October 14, 2009
The Crazy Love 10
10 things that captured my attention as I read ch. 2-6...
1. Worry implies that we don't quite trust that God is big enough in our lives.
2. Stress says that the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience, our lack of grace toward others, or our tight grip of control.
3. Basically, these two behaviors communicate that it's okay to sin and not trust God because the stuff in my life is somehow exceptional. Both worry and stress reek of arrogance.
4. The point of life is to point to Him, Whatever you are doing, God wants to be glorified, because this whole thing is His.
5. "Thank God We are Weak"...If life were stable, I'd never need God's help. Since it's not, I reach out for Him regularly.
6. The irony is that while God doesn't need us but still wants us, we desperately need God but don't really want Him most of the time.
7. Our greatest fear as individuals and as a church should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.
8. If life is a river, then pursuing Christ requires swimming upstream. When we stop swimming, or actively following Him, we automatically begin to be swept downstream.
9. Following Christ isn't something that can be done halfheartedly or on the side. It is not a label we can display when it is useful. It must be central to everything we do and are.
10. Chapter 7's title: "Your Best Life... Later"