Thursday, October 8, 2009

Crazy Love Ch. 1 Tidbits


I just finished chapter 1 of Crazy Love. I'm only stopping long enough to type this and then I'm getting right back to chapter 2! I'm listing a few of the things that captured my attention as I read chapter 1.
1. Before the first page was this prayer: "Heavenly Father, thank You for Your grace. Your forgiveness is SO good that I struggle with believing it at times. Thank you for rescuing me from myself and giving me your Holy Spirit. Your love is better than life." WOW! This was straight from MY heart!
2. The ultimate realist=someone who believes that God is really who He says He is and that the true reality of this life is to follow Him wholeheartedly.
3. Could someone look at my life and name me a Christian? A humbling question for sure.
4. To just read the Bible, attend church and avoid "big" sins-is this passionate, wholehearted love for God?
5. God never begs us to give Him some small part of ourselves. He commands everything from His followers.
6. His art, His handiwork, His creation all echo the truth that He is glorious.
7. God is all-powerful. Colossians 1:16 tells us that everything was created for God. Don't we live instead as though God is created for us, to do our bidding, and to bless us, and to take care of our loved ones?
Food for thought for sure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers