Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bible: 365


#19 on my 101 goals is to read my Bible all the way through in 2 years. After getting a great idea from a friend this weekend, I'm going to try to read it through in one year...starting today! Instead of following a mandated number of chapters per day, she suggested taking the number of pages in your Bible and dividing it by 365. Then, reading that number of pages per day. She has read her Bible twice using this method. It sounds alot more manageable that way. She also suggested using a Bible that has large print to make it easier as well. So I will map out my readings for the week as well as adding any notes that I feel led to share. The Bible I'm going to be using is my favorite Ryrie Study Bible in the King James Version. It has 1,951 pages. This comes out to 5 pages per day. Here's the plan for this week:

Genesis 1/12/10
Exodus 2/2/10
Leviticus2/7/10
Numbers 2/12/10
Deuteronomy
Joshua
Judges
Ruth
I & II Kings
I & II Chronicles
Ezra
Nehemiah
Esther
Job
Psalms
Proverbs
Ecclesiastes
Song of Songs
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Lamentations
Ezekiel
Daniel
Hosea
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi
Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
Acts
Romans
I & II Corinthians
Galatians
Ephesians
Phillippians
Colossians
I & II Thessalonians
I & II Timothy
Titus
Philemon
Hebrews
James
I & II Peter
I, II & III John
Jude
Revelations
And I did it in 4 months!! To be honest-Can't wait to start it again!

2 Comments:

  1. I am caught up with you...well almost. I am on Genesis 9. I hope to complete this same challenge...you have motivated me in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well let's see how far we can make it. Unfortunately, I never get past Genesis! lol

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers