Wednesday, December 2, 2009

101 Goals #53



#53 on my 101 Goals was to go camping. Scratch that one off!! We went to River Ranch with our dear friends the Sophie's. It was a super family time. It was in the 40's at night which made the campfire and hot chocolate that much more fun! Our days and nights there consisted of petting zoos, visiting horses, flashlight tag, campfires and lots of yummy food. We were able to go to the campground chapel Sunday morning for worship. We thought we would see fellow campers at the service...instead we found not one other camper, only a sweet church family. We were the youngest by about 30 years! It was a down home, sing from the hymnal, solid preaching from the Word of God-service. I personally loved it! It reminded me of the church I grew up in-Griffin Road Baptist Church. I wasn't sure how my kids felt about it-but later Dylan suggested we bring canned food for the shut-ins to the Mustang Center-he was listening! Well it was a great time...we are in the process of planning our next trip on New Year's weekend. Can't Wait!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers