Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Day I Took Two Naps...



My sister and brother in law took my kids to Miami Seaquarium today. So I had a whole day to myself! (The 2nd day this week by the way!!!) I resisted the urge to go to the stores and shop which left me with not much to do! My house was basically clean-sure I could have rearranged a closet or organized a cabinet but I decided against that (of course!). So I did what any mom with a free day would do-I took a nap!! After the 1st nap (yes, I said the 1st ;) I decided I should do something. So I put in a load of laundry and ran to Blockbuster to rent a chick flick and then ran in to Publix and got some sushi and edamame for lunch. When I got home I watched the movie and ate lunch then took nap #2. I resolved again that I needed to do something more. So I put in another load of laundry and folded and put away more laundry. Wow, this was a lot of excitement for one day. Without a doubt, a day of relaxation and nothingness is a welcome treat. I recommend it for all moms, wives, and working women. I feel refreshed and ready to take on our camping trip tomorrow. But I did realize that my life would certainly be empty and boring without my children. I will look back on the day that I took 2 naps with fondness as I'm sure it will be a LOOONG time before it happens again. Right now it's 10 til 6 and while I don't take my FREE day for granted, I can't wait for my cuties to get home!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers