Sunday, December 20, 2009

Mary's Song


As I try to ponder all aspects of the Christmas story in an attempt to have a Christ-filled Christmas I came across Mary's song. I have been a student of God's Word for 25 years and I don't ever remember reading this! It just goes to show how the Holy Spirit can enlighten as you read God's Word.
I am in awe of Mary. Now, let me say that I know that Mary is not a god and she is not to be worshipped. Mary was just an instrument used by God. Perhaps that is what draws me to her...I want so badly to be an instrument used by God. Luke 1:46-55 gives a glimpse into Mary's servant heart. What an example for those who strive to be godly women!! Here are a few verses:

And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me-holy is his name..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers