Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday Meanderings


As I pondered (one of my new favorite words after studying the Christmas story this season!) 2009 and look forward to 2010, God gave me this verse:
II Cor. 5:7 We live by faith, not my sight..
This is an exciting verse for me. So many times I see things wrongly or don't see them at all. So I'm thankful to live by faith. If I focused on what I see in the world we live in today, it would be a depressing life!! I'm amazed by the hope that I have in Christ.
Of course, when I think of 2010 I think of the dreaded New Years Resolutions-of course I have the same 2 as many-read my Bible through and lose some lbs. I am working on both but don't want to be discouraged when I'm not meeting my goals as quickly as I hoped. I also would like to set some other goals that may get pushed aside because I'm so focused on the other 2 resolutions like:
1. Praying for my children and husband regularly-not just when things are going on...
2. Praying for my students regularly-again...not just when they're making me crazy!
3. Continuing to be frugal-we have made great strides in our finances with spending wisely-I want to continue to be good stewards of all God has blessed us with.
4. Be more consistent with our family devotions.
5. Be a good housekeeper...I have developed great habits with being on top of laundry and keeping the house tidy,(my tidy habits sometimes make my family crazy!) but I need to stay on top of it because it gets away from me so quickly!!
6. Use a soft voice with my children. I hear Dylan talking to Holly sometimes and I hear the tone I use with my children! sometimes it's scary! I need to continue to reinforce first time obedience and then a consequence-If I am consistent that process eliminates me having to get frustrated!

God showed me a fantastic "goal" verse for 2010. May this be my prayer...
II Corinthians 5:9 So we make it our goal to please Him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.

2 Comments:

  1. Kris ~ you are always an encouragement to me! I share alot of what you are talking about! ESPECIALLY about the tone we use with our kids! It encourages me to know that others struggles with these types of things and I'm not alone!
    Your blog is very much a blessing to me! Thanks for it!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers