Monday, December 28, 2009
As I pondered (one of my new favorite words after studying the Christmas story this season!) 2009 and look forward to 2010, God gave me this verse:
II Cor. 5:7 We live by faith, not my sight..
This is an exciting verse for me. So many times I see things wrongly or don't see them at all. So I'm thankful to live by faith. If I focused on what I see in the world we live in today, it would be a depressing life!! I'm amazed by the hope that I have in Christ.
Of course, when I think of 2010 I think of the dreaded New Years Resolutions-of course I have the same 2 as many-read my Bible through and lose some lbs. I am working on both but don't want to be discouraged when I'm not meeting my goals as quickly as I hoped. I also would like to set some other goals that may get pushed aside because I'm so focused on the other 2 resolutions like:
1. Praying for my children and husband regularly-not just when things are going on...
2. Praying for my students regularly-again...not just when they're making me crazy!
3. Continuing to be frugal-we have made great strides in our finances with spending wisely-I want to continue to be good stewards of all God has blessed us with.
4. Be more consistent with our family devotions.
5. Be a good housekeeper...I have developed great habits with being on top of laundry and keeping the house tidy,(my tidy habits sometimes make my family crazy!) but I need to stay on top of it because it gets away from me so quickly!!
6. Use a soft voice with my children. I hear Dylan talking to Holly sometimes and I hear the tone I use with my children! sometimes it's scary! I need to continue to reinforce first time obedience and then a consequence-If I am consistent that process eliminates me having to get frustrated!
God showed me a fantastic "goal" verse for 2010. May this be my prayer...
II Corinthians 5:9 So we make it our goal to please Him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.