Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You Big Bully!!


I will start with this verse...
Luke 6:27-28 But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

This is the verse I gave to me son today. He's having trouble with a boy at school who is bullying him. For months now he has come home telling me how the boy kicks his books, slams his locker shut, and buts into conversations saying things like, "Yea, your cool, Dylan". Today after school Dylan was fuming! The boy had kicked and stepped on his books, and hit him with a book. At that point I had to go to his teacher. He doesn't know that I did, but I don't want to Dylan to be pushed and finally retaliate and then get into loads of trouble. So I let his teacher know what has been happening. I've also began keeping documentation of every incident for future use if necessary. Any other suggestions on how to handle this???

1 Comments:

  1. Would it be too much to contact the boys parents? We have also had some bullying issues...it has not gotten to the same level, but I have contemplated the parental phone call. You are in a CHRISTIAN school no-less, if my child was not behaving God-like, I would certainly want to know. Just an idea... I hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers