Monday, February 15, 2010

90 Day Bible Journey Week 3


Week 3 has gone smoothly. I am 3 chapters behind as of today, but with the day off today I can easily catch up...if only the kids would stop interrupting me!

I have to say that I am loving Deuteronomy! My Bible described this book as a dieing Father giving his children last instructions for life. Moses is giving the Israelites final instructions for how to live. He's doing it in a loving way, rather than a legalistic way as found in Exodus and Numbers. I also love how he is reminding them constantly of where they came from and how God delivered them. I think for those of us who have been Believers for a long time we forget what God has delivered us from! Such words of wisdom that are practical for us even today.
Deut. 5:32-33
So be careful to do what the Lord your God has commanded you; do not turn aside to the right or to the left. Walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will posess.

Deuteronomy is full of this kind of guidance. Even if your not doing the 90 day thing I encourage you to read Deuteronomy!

Here's the weekly questions from Blessings Amid Chaos.

1. Are you reading the Bible instead of other things in your life or in addition to other things?
I have definitely replaced some tv time! I had been trying to get up on LOST since I'm only on season 3. But disk 2 has been sitting on my dresser for 2 weeks! I'm also doing it in addition to. I have several studies going right now so it has been challenging juggling them all!

2. If you are struggling with your reading, are there activities that you can replace with Bible reading rather than reading in addition to your current activities? What activities can you eliminate?
I wouldn't say I am struggling (yet). Ask me these questions in about a month!

3. What advice can others reading with us give to those still trying to find their Bible reading rhythm?
It really is about priorities. I read on someone's Twitter today "My actions change my feelings." Maybe you don't feel like reading your Bible but if you just do it you'll discover how fulfilling God's Word is!

Here are the verses for the week:

Monday: Deuteronomy 23:12 through Deuteronomy 34:12

Tuesday: Joshua 1:1 through Joshua 14:15

Wednesday: Joshua 15:1 through Judges 3:27

Thursday: Judges 3:28 through Judges 15:12

Friday: Judges 15:13 through 1 Samuel 2:29

Saturday: 1 Samuel 2:30 through 1 Samuel 15:35

Sunday: 1 Samuel 16:1 through 1 Samuel 28:19

3 Comments:

  1. when we read His Word...His Spirit will change our actions...the Power of the Holy Word...the Living Word AWESOME
    nice to meet ya...online, that is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Keep up the hard work. I also love your answer to #3. I will keep that in mind when I am having trouble reading!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers