Monday, February 22, 2010

90 Day Bible Journey Week 4


I start this week a little behind. I'm only on I Samuel 5. But I read today during my lunch hour and I plan to do the same all week so I can stay on track.
Here's the weekly questions from Blessing Amid Chaos.
1. So if you fell behind this week or have fallen behind and are back on schedule, how do/did you catch up?
I did fall behind, but I read all of Judges yesterday to try and catch up. I will not be discouraged and give up like I might have in the past. I can't believe I've already read so much-more than I ever have before (in its entirety).

2. How is your perception of the Bible changing as you are doing the daily readings?
I just love the lessons. I've been highlighting meaningful phrases as I read. Some that I've highlighted are:
Judges 8:4 Gideon and his 300 men, exhausted yet keeping up the pursuit, came to the Jordan and crossed it. ..."exhausted yet keeping up the pursuit"...that's how I felt about my Bible reading this week!
Judges 5:31 So may all your enemies perish, O Lord! But may they who love you be like the sun when it rises in its strength. And I certainly need HIS strength!
Joshua 24:23 Now then, said Joshua, throw away the foreign gods that are among you and yield your hearts to the Lord, the God of Israel. My prayer is that I may yield my heart to the Lord. This 90 day journey has helped me to see how many foreign gods have been in my life-they have kept me from reading the Word so many times before!
Joshua 23:14 ...You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled not one has failed. This truth gives me such hope!
Joshua 23:8 But you are to hold fast to the Lord your God, as you have until now. I love the word picture here...clinging to the Lord.
I could go on and on. If you haven't already, read Joshua! There are such valuable nuggets in this book! Who knew!
3. What questions evolved from your reading this week?
I think I have to agree with Patrice. How could the Israelites keep turning from God time and time again? But I know that I have done the same in some form or another daily. Maybe it's not worshipping graven images, but I certainly disappoint Him and He delivers me time and time again.

This week's chapters:
Monday: 1 Samuel 28:20 through 2 Samuel 12:10

Tuesday: 2 Samuel 12:11 through 2 Samuel 22:18

Wednesday: 2 Samuel 22:19 through 1 Kings 7:37

Thursday: 1 Kings 7:38 through 1 Kings 16:20

Friday: 1 Kings 16:21 through 2 Kings 4:37

Saturday: 2 Kings 4:38 through 2 Kings 15:26

Sunday: 2 Kings 15:27 through 2 Kings 25:30

1 Comments:

  1. You are doing great!! Keep up the hard work!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers