Sunday, February 28, 2010

Whac-a-Mole- My Life


Have you ever played this game? It's a great stress reliever-you should try it! My Pastor gave a great illustration this morning that I really related to, so I thought I would share. Sometimes I feel like my life is an ongoing game of whac-a-mole..."if only I could whack those extra pounds, than my life would be as it should, if only I could whack that bill, if only I could spend x-amount of time in the Word each day, if only I could get that room organized, if only I could get along with that person...if only"...you get the picture. But this is life. Life on this side of heaven is never going to be perfect or anywhere close. All I can do is be obedient to God's plan for my life and let Him do the whacking! Now, that doesn't mean I can sit back and eat all I want, spend all I want, say all I want, mess up all I want because it will never be perfect anyway. That's a recipe for disaster! But in my obedience by prayer, reading God's Word and letting Him grow His fruit in me I can have peace on this side of heaven. Isn't that all we ultimately want...is to be peaceful? I thank God that I have peace through Him...even when those pesky moles keep popping up and I just can't get them all whacked, I still can have peace.
It's all summed up in John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers