Saturday, March 13, 2010

Do you ever feel like....


you've completely failed as a parent? Well I don't...that is until I watched session 2 of the parenting Bible study that we're doing. I could have cried because my heart was so heavy with the points that were made this week. It was about communication. One of the sobering statistics was that 7% of our communication with our children is verbal, 93% is nonverbal. Of course hugs and touches, but I was focused on the negative stuff, like "the look" and the hand motions that say,"I'm on the phone, leave me alone". You know what I'm talking about!
I was really convicted about our parenting with Dylan concerning his struggle with math this year. We have a new strategy, thankfully, because of this dvd. And I just pray God will help us be the best parents we can be, not to impress people or to make things easier for us. But to be the parents God can make us so we can raise godly kids who want to serve the Lord and be godly parents themselves one day. The verses that give me hope during this season of parenting:
Lamentations 3:22-26 (New International Version)

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.

23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;

I'm so thankful His mercies are new every morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers