Friday, March 5, 2010

31 Days of Prayer for My Children


Out of all the things we do for our children on a daily basis, prayer is the most powerful tool we have.
We know this, but do we do it? I can honestly say I pray for my children regularly. BUT...my prayers usually consist of "Lord, please keep my children safe..."
I really want to pray more specifically and in a deeper way for my children. Thus, the "31 Days of Prayer for My Children" Challenge. Each day for the next 31 days I will post a topic of prayer (and maybe a few thoughts-what would my blog be without adding my two cents?). The topics come from a prayer calendar that I found (don't know where I got it from). Will you join me by praying for your children? Fill in Mr. Linky at the bottom of the post so we can encourage each other in this challenge.

Day 1: SALVATION
“Lord, let salvation spring up within my children, that they may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory” (Isaiah 45:8, 2 Timothy 2:10).

Dylan(11) just finished reading the first Left Behind book. He said he enjoyed it but did not want to read the next one because it freaked him out. I asked him how it freaked him out specifically. He answered, "When the Rapture happens I know that you, me and Dad will be taken, but I'm worried about Holly." My heart was full! The fact that he was concerned about his 5 year old sister's salvation spoke volumes about his spiritual state. It also made ME think about Holly's salvation. I hadn't "worried" about it up until now since she is still so young. But now as she approaches turning 6 in May, I need to be praying! Truth be told, I should have been praying from the day she was born! So Day 1...pray for Salvation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers