Saturday, April 3, 2010

Confessions of a Food Addict

O.K. I'm not a food addict but this title was more catchy than "A Wonderful pre-Easter Day at home with lots of cooking and family time going on..."

My children woke up to a wonderful surprise this morning. Brian drove home 12 hours through the night to be home for Easter weekend. They were both super thrilled this morning. One of my goals when Brian gets to come home for the weekend is to feed him well. You can only imagine a bunch of guys in a hotel room eating fast food, beef jerky and snickers bars every night! So that's where all the food comes in today...

We started the morning off with chocolate chip pancakes, maple bacon and grapefruit.


Then while Brian was looking at my van...I made jumbo cinnabon streusel muffins and banana nut muffins for him to take back with him on Monday.


I also made some Easter bunny cupcakes for tomorrow.


Lunch was nothing fancy-grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup for the kids and a chicken salad melt for Brian.



Since we're going to the Sunrise service at the beach tomorrow morning I decided to go ahead and make breakfast today. So I made bacon, sausage, egg and cheese biscuits and wrapped them in wax paper so they can be heated up in the morning.


Of course all of this cooking meant countless loads of dishes...not my favorite part!


We still had time for naps-that makes for a perfect Saturday!


After naptime it was time for dinner. I made my secret recipe bbq chicken, ranch cheesy potatoes, baked beans, and salad. O.k. here's my secret recipe for always juicy bbq chicken-bake it in the oven first for 45 min. to an hour depending upon the size of the chicken pieces. Don't put anything on them. Then when your ready (even a day later) you baste them with sauce on the grill for about 20 minutes just to heat them through. This ensures "never dry" bbq chicken!



After dinner we made resurrection rolls.



Then we colored Easter eggs. I love that Dylan is 11 and still enjoys this!


We wrapped up the evening by watching Alvin and the Chipmunks The Squeakuel. Holly cuddled with her daddy during the whole movie.

Gotta love days like this-home all day just hanging around the house serving my family and enjoying them!
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers