Saturday, May 22, 2010

I want to be "One in a Million"

Did you know that you can go to Lifeway.com
and download Bible study dvd sessions? Well, I did not until the other day. Sometimes I've wanted to do a study but didn't have a group to do it in. Nor did I want to spend the $150 that Lifeway charges for the dvd set. But I discovered that I can purchase the member book and download each session for $5. So for $30 I can complete a 6 week study at home on my own at my own pace. Pretty cool.
God has laid on my heart to do the study by Priscilla Shirer called One in a Million.

It parallels our journey through this Christian life with the Israelites' journey to the Promised Land. I'm just finishing reading through the entire Bible-about 10 days away (so it took me 4 months instead of 3...)and I've been thinking about what I'm going to do after I'm done reading-perhaps going back chronologically or through each book with an in depth study. Not sure what God has for me yet. But this study interested me because it goes back to the beginning with the Israelites. I just finished the first session and WOW! I'm so excited. I love when God knows just what we need when we need it.
As you may know (if you've read my blog at all!), I'm going through a wilderness of my own right now with Brian being in North Carolina for the past 2 months with no end in sight yet. So I know that God has given me this study "for such a time as this". I'll leave you with the verse from the first lesson of the study:
Galatians 5:1 It was for freedom that Christ set us free;(Christ's part)therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery. (our part)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers