Friday, June 18, 2010

Have you ever felt distant from God?


I think we'd all lying if we said we haven't experienced this. Last month I finished reading the entire Bible. I spent on average an hour and a half a day reading God's Word. This month, since I haven't had a set reading schedule, I have seen a rapid decline in the amount of time I have been spending in Bible reading and prayer each day. Add summer vacation and a lack of structure to the mix and I have been a mess! And I hate it! I miss the intimacy I was experiencing with God over that 4 month period. I think I subconsciencely thought once I read my whole Bible I would have "arrived". HA HA. It just goes to show me how I NEED to stay in God's Word daily. After reading the Scriptures for an hour a day spending 5 minutes reading a little here and there each day just isn't cutting it! The solution for me is that I need to purpose with a plan for my Bible reading each day. I challenge you to do the same. If you're just starting to establish a daily Bible reading routine, start with Proverbs. There are 31 chapters in Proverbs-one for each day of the month. There's great practical truths in Proverbs that have helped me with my attitude, parenting, gossip, humility, friendship, how I treat others, giving and many, many other areas of my life. Start today with Proverbs 18!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers