Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Perfection Ain't Happenin' Here Pt. 2


A few weeks ago, I posted a list of things that I DON'T do to maintain the balance in my life. It's kind of bugged me that I left that post being a little negative...so here's a list of some things that I DO to maintain balance as a Christ follower, Wife, Mom, family member, friend and teacher (yes, in that order).

1. I read my Bible and pray everyday. (If this doesn't happen first and foremost, the rest of my day totally goes down the tubes!)
2. I (We) pack lunches, lay out clothes and prep breakfasts the night before school each night.
3. I respond to all emails at work immediately. I can't stand for my inbox to have lingering emails.
4. I complete all work paperwork that requires action as soon I receive it.
5. I print pictures from my digital camera, put them on cd, then erase all of them about once a month.
6. I fold laundry straight from the dryer. It doesn't hit the basket unfolded.
7. I got to sleep by 10 p.m. (the latest) on school/work nights.
8. I read mail and toss junk mail upon receiving it.
9. I donate clothes/toys/kitchen items that haven't been used every 6 months.
10. I enforce the "whack system" for my kids. (Whack system-definition: for every item on your bedroom floor or not put away properly, you will receive one whack. Now, this may sound a little extreme, but I rarely have to give whacks and their rooms are usually clean!)
11. I give my kids chores including folding and putting away their laundry, taking out the garbage and recycling, cleaning the bathrooms, taking care of the dog, and picking up after themselves.
12. I go places by myself as often as possible-even if it's just the grocery store or Target.
13. I talk to my girlfriends on the phone about everything and nothing.
14. I make a conscience effort to "in everything give thanks" and "not be anxious about anything".
15. I enjoy every minute of being a SAHM all summer long.

What are some things that you do to keep your life sane?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers