Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday Morning Breakfast

During the school year, it's instant oatmeal and frozen waffles for breakfast most days. But during the summer, I love to cook and experiment with new breakfast recipes. Here's one I've been wanting to try. It's french toast waffles.
Here's the ingredients:


Use 1 egg per 2 pieces of french toast. Whisk together 1/2 c. milk, 1 egg, and a tsp. of vanilla. Dip a piece of bread in the mixture just like french toast.



Put the bread in the waffle maker for about 5-6 minutes until golden brown. One of my pieces of bread broke when I took it out of the egg mixture, but when I put it in the waffle maker it fused back together!


I sprinkled the finished product with cinnamon sugar. Powdered sugar would be yummy too! Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers