Sunday, July 25, 2010

Crockpot to the Rescue!

We have started our downstairs renovation! I'm super excited it about it-but I'm not looking forward to the mess that precedes the finished project! We have lived in our house for 16 years and have desperately wanted to redo our kitchen. But refused to do it until we had the cash to do it. So thanks to God's provision through my brother's repurposed cabinets, we are able to redo our kitchen and get new wood (laminate)floors throughout the downstairs!

My kitchen used to look like this:






And now it looks like this...


And as a result my living room looks like this:

(What is that cartoon on the t.v.???)

Ugh!! But the end result WILL be worth it...The end result WILL be worth it...I just keep repeating this!
Part of staying on budget with this project is to keep the eating out to a minimum, which will be tricky with no kitchen...but my plan is to pull out my handy dandy crockpot. I have 4 crockpots so they will be earning their keep! Here's the plan for tomorrow:
Crockpot #1 (6 qt.) Meatloaf-recipe from the side of the Lipton Onion Soup Mix.
Crockpot #2 (6 qt.) Quarter potatoes and add about an inch of water. At the end of the cooking time, I'll mash them and add sour cream and milk.
Crockpot #3 (1.5 qt.) 2 Cans of mushroom gravy (I'll cook these on low for about 1.5 hours)
I have some rolls to put in the toaster oven (my only available appliance other than the frig.)

It will be a challenge. But I am determined to not eat out this week! I definitely will be trying Holly's Fantastic Chicken recipe!

I'm always up for a challenge-So here we go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers