Friday, July 9, 2010

Morning Bible and Coffee


Pour you coffee and grab your Bible and curl up on the couch...

Job 42:5 "My ears have heard of you but now my eyes have seen you."
Isn't that what we want? We've heard of God and what He can do, but we want to witness it for ourselves.

Isaiah 55:8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts. Nor are your ways my ways." declares the Lord.
Isn't that the truth? So many times we don't understand why God lets things happen. This verse gives us the answer to that. Sometimes we can't see the greater good that God's ways lead to.

I Peter 1:6-7 You may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith-of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire-may be proven genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor.
When we go through trials we HAVE to trust that the result will bring glory and honor to the Lord. Our trials have purpose. God grows us, loves us and makes us more dependent on Him through our trials.

Moms, here's the food for thought here, straight from my personal Bible study this morning:
Why am I so determined to give my kids the best of everything and go to great lengths to make them "comfortable" when God sometimes chooses difficulties as the best teaching tools for me, His child?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers