Forgive me if I'm not jumping for joy for the Memorial Day weekend like most. It's just that I'm so fixated on getting through the next 4 school days. I have a bigger "weekend" in mind-it's called SUMMER! As the summer-itus has set in, my mind begins reeling over all the possibility that summer promises. And since list making brings me great joy, I am making my yearly list of all of my "must-do's", "want to-do's", and "ambitious probably won't get to-do's", so I can get the most out of my 65 day vacation.
So here it is:
1. Read A Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers
2. Read Bringing Up Boys by James Dobson
3. Read Bringing Up Girls by James Dobson
4. Clean out my closet, including finding a better system for organizing my shoes.
6. Paint my room and get a new comforter.
7. Take the kids to the library once a week.
8. Take the kids to the beach once a week.
9. Go to the pool most mornings.
10. Get together with friends at least once a week.
12. Prepare 5 days a week for the October triathalon. (more on this craziness later!)
13. Count calories. (something I've never done before!)
14. Do 6th grade math lessons with Dylan 3 days a week.
15. Complete One in a Million Bible study by Priscilla Shirer.
So there it is. Not too ambitious... I'll mark them off as I complete them, so stay tuned!