Saturday, January 1, 2011
11 New Year's Resolutions for 2011
I think people take the whole resolution thing way too seriously. Big deal if you don't accomplish them, or even make it through January 1st without breaking one! I like making lists. They help me stay organized and reach goals. They also help me to prioritize. For me, resolutions are things I would like to accomplish as of today. Those things could change by February 1st and that's o.k. I'm blogging my resolutions for myself. So I can look back on them and see what I accomplished and where my priorities changed. I'm not documenting them so I can see where I failed and how I lacked motivation. I hope you'll do the same, and with the same positive attitude! Here are my resolutions from last year. I was encouraged by my progress in 2010! So here are my 11 resolutions for 2011-in no particular order!
1. Read more
2. Read the Bible cover-to-cover again-starting Feb. 1st.
3. Spend more time with my family-not involving the t.v.
4. Start AND finish some sewing projects
5. Eat healthy and exercise (which hopefully will result in the dreaded resolution of losing weight!)
7. Look for AND act upon opportunities to live radically for Jesus-individually and as a family (if you haven't read Radical by David Platt-stop what you're doing and go get the book. right.now.)
8. Make monthly date nights a priority-not an "if we can fit it in" event
9. Use coupons and save lots of money
10. Hug Dylan more-I get and give hugs from my 6 year old Holly alot, but with my 12 year old Dylan, hugs are fewer and farther between and that makes me sad
11. Teach for Jesus in my classroom
I Love, Love, Love this verse that I used in last year's post and being that God's Word never changes-here it is again!
II Corinthians 5:9 So we make it our goal to please Him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it
I would love to read your 11 resolutions for 2011!
Please comment them below or add them to your own blog!