Saturday, January 1, 2011

11 New Year's Resolutions for 2011


I think people take the whole resolution thing way too seriously. Big deal if you don't accomplish them, or even make it through January 1st without breaking one! I like making lists. They help me stay organized and reach goals. They also help me to prioritize. For me, resolutions are things I would like to accomplish as of today. Those things could change by February 1st and that's o.k. I'm blogging my resolutions for myself. So I can look back on them and see what I accomplished and where my priorities changed. I'm not documenting them so I can see where I failed and how I lacked motivation. I hope you'll do the same, and with the same positive attitude! Here are my resolutions from last year. I was encouraged by my progress in 2010! So here are my 11 resolutions for 2011-in no particular order!

1. Read more
2. Read the Bible cover-to-cover again-starting Feb. 1st.
3. Spend more time with my family-not involving the t.v.
4. Start AND finish some sewing projects
5. Eat healthy and exercise (which hopefully will result in the dreaded resolution of losing weight!)
6. Scrapbook-alot!
7. Look for AND act upon opportunities to live radically for Jesus-individually and as a family (if you haven't read Radical by David Platt-stop what you're doing and go get the book. right.now.)
8. Make monthly date nights a priority-not an "if we can fit it in" event
9. Use coupons and save lots of money
10. Hug Dylan more-I get and give hugs from my 6 year old Holly alot, but with my 12 year old Dylan, hugs are fewer and farther between and that makes me sad
11. Teach for Jesus in my classroom

I Love, Love, Love this verse that I used in last year's post and being that God's Word never changes-here it is again!
II Corinthians 5:9 So we make it our goal to please Him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it

I would love to read your 11 resolutions for 2011!
Please comment them below or add them to your own blog!

1 Comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up! It looks like our lists had some similarities. :) Do you have a specific plan you use to read through the Bible? I'm looking for a good one. Thanks!

    Love and blessings,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers