Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Quick, Easy, Cheap, Yet Tasty Chili!

Gather these ingredients for the easiest, tastiest chili around. Everytime I make this, inevitably someone asks for the recipe. I'm almost embarrassed to tell how easy it is. Notice that I use the store brand beans and tomatoes, making this an inexpensive crowd pleaser. I would have used the store brand chili seasoning but my Supertarget didn't offer it. However, I know Publix does have a mild store brand chili seasoning.


Brown the ground beef. I put it in the pot frozen so no need to thaw. This makes it a great meal on the fly. I put it on low with a lid and stir around every few minutes. After the meat is all browned make sure the beef is crumbled into small pieces.


Pour in the tomatoes undrained. Drain the beans and add those.


Add the 2 packets of chili seasoning and stir it all together. I also add about a can of water. Let it simmer for 15 minutes or hours. You could even transfer it to the crockpot to keep it warm like I will do today so we can eat it for lunch and dinner on this cold, football Sunday.


For the finished product, we add sour cream, shredded cheese, and Fritos. My husband likes to add the heat with some tabasco.
Yum-o.

Here's the recipe:
This makes a double batch so just half the ingredients for a smaller batch.
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cans of light red kidney beans
2 cans of dark red kidney beans
2 packets of chili seasoning mix
2 lbs. of ground beef

1. Brown the ground beef.
2. Add all the ingredients and stir completely.
3. Simmer for at least 15 minutes.
4. Add toppings of your choice. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

  1. Sounds delicious, I think I will be making some tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers