Sunday, January 23, 2011

Southern, sweet tea

I make yummy, southern, sweet tea.(If I do say so myself). So here's my secret. I put a small pot of water on to boil with 4 teabags. Once it boils I take it off the heat and let it steep for about 20 min.(usually while I cook dinner.)


While the tea is steeping add 2 1/2 cups of sugar to a large pitcher (mine was probably 3 quarts). Yes, 2 1/2 cups of sugar. This IS southern, sweet tea!


Add steeped tea to the sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves. You CANNOT make sweet tea if the water is not hot. The sugar will not dissolve. So don't make this mistake!!


Fill the pitcher up with water and stir. Another common mistake made with sweet tea is not putting enough ice in the glass. Fill it ALL THE WAY UP with ice before you add the warm sweet tea. Add some lemon and enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers