Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Lesson in Forgiveness

So I am reading my Bible in 90 days.  I'm on day 4 and I look forward everyday to spending this time in God's Word.  It's literally the Light at the end of my day.  I'm at the end of Genesis and just finished reading about Joseph.   I couldn't help but giggle as I started reading through Joseph's story-only because on Sunday Brian wore this hideous shirt to church and our kids were calling him "Joseph" all day.  :))

Anywho, there were 3 verses in particular that God used to speak to me today.

Verse #1 Genesis 41:16  When Joseph was asked to interpret Pharoah's dream:
"I cannot do it," Joseph replied to Pharoah, "but God will give Pharoah the answer he deserves." 
I love Joseph's humbleness here.  He was not about taking credit but giving God all the glory.  LOVE that!  My prayer is that I would do the same in all areas of my life.

Verse #2  Genesis 45:8 When Joseph was reunited with his brothers:
So then, it was not you who sent me here, but God.
Wow-they left him for dead and he sees God's providence in what they meant for evil. 

Verse #3 Genesis 50:20  This verse goes right along with Gen. 45:8- an old stand-by
You intended to harm me, but  God intended it for good, to accomplish what is now being done-the saving of many lives.
LOVE< LOVE>LOVE> these verses

This time around on my 90 day journey, I'm keeping a journal to write down these verses and truths that God's teaching me along the way.  Last time I read through the Bible, it was really for completion.  This time it's for understanding and revelation.  I'm so anxious to see all God has for me over the next 3 months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers