Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Easy Chicken & Dumplings

Easiest and tastiest chicken and dumplings-I promise!
Gather these ingredients.
Pour 1 can of cream of mushroom, 1 can of cream of chicken soup, and 2 cans of water in a slow cooker or covered dutch oven type dish.  
Cut 1 can of biscuits into quarters.
Add biscuits and cooked chicken to the soup.  I boiled 3 large chicken breasts, because that's what I had, but to make it even easier you could use the chicken from a rotisserie chicken.
Put it in a slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours.  I'm using this fantastic "dutch oven" type dish with a lid that I got for next to nothing from Pampered Chef when I hosted a party (which I highly recommend!).  If you bake it in the oven, you can bake it at 350 degrees for about 2 hours (or until the biscuits are cooked through).
This meal was also super easy to partially prepare ahead of time.  I'm making this meal to bless a friend, but when I make meals for others my goal is never to deprive my family.  Since tonight was "kids eat free night" at Sonny's, I'm preparing some for us for tomorrow night.  So when I made the chicken, I cooked 3 large breasts for tomorrow night.  Then I'll throw all the ingredients in the slow cooker for tomorrow's dinner for my own family.  Serve with a salad and enjoy!

2 Comments:

  1. This does looks super easy to put together in a flash, thanks for sharing! Jen @ www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to have found your blog! I'm always looking for recipes for my Deep Covered Baker!! This looks yummy!! I will definitely be trying it!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers