Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pier One on a Walmart Budget

A few months ago I coveted, I mean, saw these glasses at Pier One Imports.  They cost $5 a glass.


I needed a set of 12 to go with  my set of 12 dishes.  But I couldn't justify spending the money on glasses I really didn't need.  Then a few days ago I came across a DIY version on a blog (not sure who's :().  This made me verrrryyy happy!  So I bought these glasses from Walmart.

Along with these supplies:
I taped off the glasses really well.
Then I took them outside and sprayed 2 coats of the chalkboard paint.


And WAh-Lah! A set of 12 glasses for $15!! I love when a plan comes together!


 

Of course, now I'm thinking of what else I can chalkboard-ize...

3 Comments:

  1. Great Idea. I love it. Ok so maybe I am a little slow, or tired today. When I first saw the glasses I was thinking WHY does she want glasses that say Tim? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love the idea! VERY cool :) Can't wait to try that one day ... my kids will get a MAJOR thrill out of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's Going down i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively useful and
    it has helped me out loads. I am hoping to give a contribution & assist different customers like its
    helped me. Great job.

    Here is my page sky

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers