Friday, April 15, 2011

I'm Tired

I'm tired today.  Not really physically tired, I've had enough sleep this week.  I just feel worn down.  It's Friday at the end of a high pressured testing week at school.  And though I love the weekends, I know that the weekend brings errands, activities, laundry, a science fair project, church and who knows what else.  So rest is not at the top of the list.  This week was long, last week was longer.  My grandmother passed away, my van died and was fixed, but not without a hefty price tag.  I know that all these things, in the big scheme of this temporary life are so insignificant.  And I'm not feeling "Woe is me" either. 
I'm just tired.  Ladies, you know what I mean. 
When I feel worn down, I know the only solution is not more sleep, or even "me" time.  It's God's Word.  I need it like the air I breathe daily-but especially when I'm worn down and worn out. 

Isaiah 40:29
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Galatians 6:9
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Exodus 33:14
The LORD replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.

I am so thankful for the rest I can find in the Lord, even when my daily life doesn't allow rest.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers