Friday, May 20, 2011

{Skittle Cupcakes}

Tomorrow is Holly's birthday, which means it's cupcake time!
I'm not in love with these cupcakes.  But I am in love with the technique.  I have some great ideas for how to use this technique for future cupcakes that I'll share at the end of this post.
First, bake some cupcakes from the box.
Then, take a melon baller (is that what it's called??) and scoop out a little well in the middle of each cupcake.



Give the "cupcake ball" to the nearest cute kid to eat.


I found out the hard way that it's best to fill each little well with skittles BEFORE you ice them.


I decided to use 3 different colored icings, just because I'm always looking for ways to make life more difficult.


Then, I used my handy-dandy decorator to make little dollops around the "skittle well".

Like I said, these weren't may favorite cupcakes, appearance-wise.  The colors were too "Easterish". 
But the little well technique is genius.
Think about all the cute things you could put in the middle: a little scoop of ice cream, M&M's, diced fruit, the list is endless! 
You haven't seen the last of these guys!

I'm linking here:

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers