Saturday, June 18, 2011

Father's Day Breakfast

A tradition in our home is to give Dad breakfast in bed on Father's Day. Not only do I want to teach my children to honor their father, but I also want to instill in them a desire to honor their spouses one day.

So daddy will be receiving this lovely breakfast tomorrow morning.




(the Google card is one that I found floating around the net. Just google "Father's day google card & I'm sure it will pop up.)

Now because it's summer & I can hardly wake up early, and because the special day is on Sunday, and we don't want to be late for church, I made these bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits the day before. This is a breakfast I've previously made for camping trips as well.

First, prepare the bacon (I always bake it in the oven so I can multitask & I don't have to deal with grease), scramble 6 eggs, and bake 8 Grands biscuits. You certainly could make smaller biscuits for smaller appetites. You could also use sausage or ham instead of bacon.












Open up the biscuits and put a scoop of eggs,




Sprinkle on some shredded cheese and layer on the bacon.




I wrap the biscuits in wax paper.








Then I seal them all in a large Ziploc to store them. They stay nice & fresh.




When you're ready to serve them, microwave one at a time for 40 seconds. Keep them in the waxed paper. They are so much better than the pre made frozen ones from the store, and you can serve your family a hot breakfast any day of the week with a little preparation.




And I don't have to wake up at the crack of dawn on Sunday morning!

- Blessings to you,
Kris
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers