Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pretty Laundry

I don't have a laundry room. I have a laundry closet. I got a bee in my bonnet (placed there by spending too much time on Pinterest) that I wanted to paint my laundry closet. My husband and son thought I was crazy, but this is not new.
One of my favorite things about organizing and/or painting a space is how clean it feels afterward. It forces you to clean parts of a room (or closet) that you normally wouldn't. So here's my laundry closet before:
Boring and small. When we renovated our downstairs I took off the ugly bifold door and put up the curtains-which I like, but I needed a bigger change.
So I painted the closet this color:
I love this lime green and I figured this was the safest place to put it (since my husband may protest if I tried to paint anything else this color)!
And, since we all know the Cricut and vinyl makes everything prettier:
I got a matching green basket from Target to store all the "stuff" on top of the dryer. I also hung a tension rod so I could hang up a few things (on the matching green hangers, of course)as I take them out of the dryer.
Before:

After:
A subtle change that makes my space a little more organized and pretty!
Pin It
Blessings to you,
Kris

3 Comments:

  1. Love the pretty decal! SO much!

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. ran across your blog via an email for the smashed potatoes. I laughed when I saw your laundry "room", because I have the same color in mine. I started out using pale yellow and a brown glaze. I did NOT know what I was doing, and ended up with a wall that looked like a giraffe. An ugly giraffe. I looked at it for weeks and tried to say it was ok. My husband said I did a good job, and he liked it (translation: It's Done, so why mess with it?) But I know that laundry is one of the most mundane tasks, and I could not see myself leaving the ugly yellow and brown. So I found some lime green that we had used in my daughter's room for an accent color, and painted the entire laundry room wall. (The other 3 walls are paneling, so it is not too bright). It looks so good I wanted to paint the paneling too, lol. Love yours too! I look forward to reading more of your blog entries! I see several things we have in common, the most important being a love for the Lord! Blessings to you and your family

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers