Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cookie Fail

Have you ever made a recipe that didn't come out as promised? Of course, we all have! But I don't usually blog about the fails...until today.
I saw this adorable idea on Pinterest.




Cookies made with the waffle iron?!! How adorable is that...well not so much.
I decided to use the break apart cookies.




And my $5, black Friday waffle iron.




Maybe that's where I went wrong, cheater cookies and cheap waffle iron. But after analyzing the recipe I can't see that either of these should have been a problem.
I put the cookies on the iron. I tried 2 different ways hoping for a better result the second time.








No such luck.









I wanted sooo badly for this to work. But the cookies were just too soft. And when I took them off the waffle iron...




The crumbs were tasty. I may or may not have eaten them all.
Oh well, you win some, you lose some. Maybe a different batter may work, maybe it won't. But I'm movin' on.

- Blessings to you,
Kris
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 Comments:

  1. I had a cookie recipe fail...pecan lace cookies...they were suppose to look like lace doilies but out of 144 cookies only 15 turned out. We used the crumbs for an added treat on ice cream and yogurt. The crumbs were wonderfully delicious. Thanks for sharing your fail...although in my eyes it would only be a fail if it became inedible.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers