Sunday, September 4, 2011

Chipotle Dorito Casserole



This is a great week night meal.  It's also a great one for potluck dinners!
Gather these ingredients:
2 lbs. Ground chicken
2 packets of taco seasoning mix
2 bricks of cheddar jack cheese (or 4 cups)
2 cans of chicken mushroom soup
1 bag of Spicy Sweet Chili Doritoes (a.k.a. chipotle flavor)

I buy my taco seasoning in bulk.  If you eat tacos almost weekly like we do, I recommend you do the same.  It's less than $5 and I use it for months.  When you figure that a single packet of taco seasoning is about a $1, it's a huge savings! And you don't have to worry about not having the seasoning on hand.


I also find it healthier and more cost effective to grate my own cheese.



Brown the ground chicken and add the taco seasoning.

Add the cans of mushroom soup.  Pour 1/2 of the mixture in a 13x9 cassrerole. (I only made a 1/2 portion and used a 8x8 in this pic)

Put a layer of Doritoes and 1/2 the cheese.  Then add a second layer: meat, Doritoes, cheese.

Bake for 15 minutes on bottom rack (to keep the Doritoes from getting too brown) or until cheese is melted.


Top with lettuce, tomato, sour cream and enjoy a new twist on a taco salad!

Blessings to you,
Kris



I'm linking here: Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers