Monday, September 5, 2011

Real Recipes for Real Moms {Monday}



I have declared this week "Real Recipes for Real Moms" Week!  Each day this week I will feature a "real recipe" for you!  I hope to give you a few new recipes to add to your regular recipe rotation.  

Monday's recipe is Coke Can Chicken.  This is a twist on the old "Beer Can Chicken" recipe.  This is a favorite of mine because it takes less than 10 minutes to prep. Then,  I can pop it in the oven, and while it's cooking make lunches, prepare the next day's clothes, and help with homework-just like real mom's have to!

You'll need:
1 whole chicken (be sure to take out the yucky insides)
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. taco seasoning or 1 packet
1 can of coke

Combine the taco seasoning and brown sugar for the rub.

Then rub that chicken! {I spared you the photos of that because it's just messy and gross.}  Don't forget to sprinkle some rub under the skin and in the main cavity of the chicken.

Empty half the coke and drink it, of course.

Then stick the can, you know where, and stand it in a baking dish.  I like to use a deeper dish just in case it falls.  Make sure you put it on the lowest rack in your oven. My chicken started to get a little too brown on the top so I just put a loose foil tent on top of the chicken for the last 30-45 minutes of cooking.  

Bake it for 1.5 hours.  Hopefully, this is long enough to get all the other things on our weeknight to-do list done! 

Taking the can out of the chicken is a two-man job.  Remember, the can will be super hot!
The chicken will be moist on the inside and crispy and flavorful on the outside!

Serve it with some sweet potatoes-check out my easy sweet potato recipe here.

And since you're a real mom-I wanted to leave you with some real good advice from God's Word-my verse for this week:
Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
 Strive to make all of your responses and attitudes sweetened with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience as you interact with your husband, children, co-workers and neighbors this week! 
See you tomorrow with another real recipe!

Blessings to you,
Kris
  




I'm linking here: Jam Hands

1 Comments:

  1. I've heard this is yummy! Thanks for the tutorial!

    Visiting from Comfy in the Kitchen.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers