Sunday, October 16, 2011

31 Day Fall Challenge: Making Your Home a Haven


(So, I totally skipped week #2.  I didn't skip the challenge, just didn't blog about it!)

Here’s week #3′s Challenge: 
List a few of the spots in your home that make you visually stressed.  Work on cleaning up clutter. Throw things away.
While you’re at it – clean up some clutter in your spiritual life. What gets in the way of your peace spiritually?

Home Clutter:

I have two main areas in my home that make me clutter-crazy!
This is the big one:

These dishes are all clean, but they're sitting there waiting to be put away!
When we did our kitchen remodel, I made the decision to go without the dishwasher to have an extra cabinet.  While I don't regret the decision, it does require me to be more on top of dish duty.  I do have a secret, though.  My wonderful husband has been a-maz-ing at washing dishes for me.  But on Thursday, he fractured four fingers and had to get stitches-so the dishes have been all up to me!  There's really only one way for me to de-clutter this area. I just have to wash and put away more often!

My second area of clutter-craziness is the basket at the bottom of the steps.

It's always full.  I will try this week to empty it and then keep it empty!

Spiritual Clutter:

The Lord has brought to my attention, through several different avenues this week, the need to get away and just pray.   Jesus set the example for us by the way he always retreated to pray.

Matthew 26:36  Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.”

Mark 1:35  Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.

Luke 5:16  But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.

Luke 9:18  Once when Jesus was praying in private and his disciples were with him, he asked them, “Who do the crowds say I am?”

Whether we're a stay at home mom or we work outside the home, getting away to pray throughout the day is crucial.  It helps me to be a better wife, mom, teacher, friend and disciple.  I will be working on getting away to pray this week!

What's your main area of home clutter? spiritual clutter?

Blessings to you,
Kris




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers