Sunday, October 23, 2011

Candy Bar Bark

No doubt you've seen this yummy idea on Pinterest! I had to try it out!

Gather these ingredients:
1/2 bag of peanut M & M's (preferably oranges and yellows)
8 Reese's Cups
8 snack size Butterfinger
8 snack size Heath bars
2 boxes of Baker's semi-sweet chocolate
1 bag of white chocolate chips


Melt the Baker's chocolate using a double broiler or a put it in a pyrex bowl and sit it on a pot of boiling water.  Stir it constantly as it melts.

Coarsely chop up the candy bars. Be careful when you chop up the M & M's.  I almost chopped off my finger more than once.

Line a cookie sheet with foil.  I sprayed it with Pam also.  Spread the melted chocolate on the foil.  Evenly distribute the candy on top of the chocolate.  Gently press the candy down into the chocolate.  Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until set.

Then, melt the white chocolate using the same method as the semi-sweet chocolate. I added a tablespoon of vegetable oil to make it creamier.
Drizzle the white chocolate on top of the candy.  I put the white chocolate in a baggie and snipped one of the corners.  Refrigerate another 30 minutes.

When it comes out it looks like this.  Gently break it into pieces.   Try to not to eat it all yourself.
I put some of mine in this little bucket I got for $1 at Target. I took it as a hostess gift to a friend's who had us over for dinner last night.  Yummy treat!!



Blessings to you,
Kris

1 Comments:

  1. No, I have not seen that idea on Pinterest, but will definitely give it a try. We have Grade Level Meetings each Thursday and I like to take different treats each week. I think this will perfect as a little pre-Halloween snack! I love your blog and all of your wonderful ideas! :) Lana

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers