Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A is for Apple

My daughter loves apples but with the recent mass exodus of her teeth, biting into an apple is impossible for her!  So we've had to move to the slices.  But, the precut slices are pricey, and when I cut the apples ahead of time, the slices turn brown.  Once again-Pinterest comes to the rescue.  I saw this great idea and decided to see if it worked, and it did!
Simply cut the apple using an apple slicer.  Don't cut the apple all the way through.  Stop just short of the bottom.

Then, wrap a rubber band around the apple. (Wash the rubber band first).

Next, hold the apple and push the apple all the way through the slicer, keeping the core in place.

Stick it in a baggie.

And it won't brown!  

Blessings to you, 
Kris




1 Comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is a brilliant idea!!!

    I have a grin from ear to ear. I can't wait to try this. Anything to get my son to eat apples, he won't bite into a full one either with his second teeth still coming through.

    Mega Hugs, Kerrie. xOx

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers