Sunday, November 13, 2011

Testing, Testing, 1-2-3 Thanksgiving Edition

I'm hosting Thanksgiving for the second year in row. And I'm very excited about it! There's something about it that makes me feel very grown up (as if the mortgage, minivan, husband, kids, and job wasn't enough to make me feel grown up!)
So any who, I wanted to test a side dish I found on Pinterest (where else?).
Roasted acorn squash...






Cut the acorn squash into fourths.



Take out the seeds and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and brown sugar. I'll be a little more generous with the brown sugar next time.



Bake at 400 degrees for about an hour and fifteen minutes. Meanwhile, sauté 1/4 cup each of dried cranberries and walnuts in 2 tbsp. of butter. When the squash is done spoon the cranberry and nut mixture on the top.



The answer is YES- I will be serving this on Thanksgiving!


- Blessings to you,
Kris
Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers