Monday, December 12, 2011

Sisters' Cookie Swap

It's time for my annual Sisters' Cookie Swap.  I have to be honest, I love this cookie swap.  But it has nothing to do with the cookies!  I just the love the process of planning, shopping, preparing and entertaining!  This process is just one way that I am able to savor and enjoy the Christmas season.  So here's a peek into my Cookie Swap!

I love trying new appetizer recipes.  For about a month before the swap I start collecting ideas for appetizers.  The nice thing about a cookie swap is you don't have to prepare any desserts since your guests bring all the desserts!
Brie Bites (Super simple-crescent rolls in a mini muffin pan.  Add little chunks of brie, a 1/2 tsp. of brown sugar and a few dried cranberries.  Bake till golden brown. Yummy)


Bruschetta-I put the servings of the bruschetta in individual cups.  Love this!


I also divided a 7 layer dip in individual cups-I layered each cup with refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheese, tomatoes and black olives. (That's 7, right?)


These were delish! A Paula Deen recipe, of course!


The turkey cranberry pinwheels are Pillsbury recipe.  Love Pillsbury's holiday recipes!




Fun hot chocolate bar!
Toppings included peppermint marshmallows, mini marshmallows, chocolate sprinkles, crushed candy canes, and homemade whipped cream.

Some other random pics:






And the stars of the night-the Cookies!











I hope you can find what ever it is that helps you savor and cherish this Christmas season-whether it's entertaining, baking, or spending time with family or friends-and embrace it!  Christmas is a time to embrace the joy of the Lord!

 Psalm 126:3 The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Blessings to you,
Kris



I'm linking here:

1 Comments:

  1. Kris I WANT to come to your parties! You are such a gracias hostess! Everything looks beautiful! MY only question to you is When did you have time to make all these delicious food items?????

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers