Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Determined Lady


I am hosting a Girlfriends' 8 Week Weight Loss Challenge with 7 friends.  We just started on Monday, and it has been fun, encouraging, and motivational.  I set up a Facebook page privately for our group.  This has been my favorite part.  I've loved having that sounding board and cromarderie.  But, I'm not going to kid you.  It's been hard!  Drinking 64 oz. of water a day, exercising for 30 min., staying away from sugary treats, eating 3 veggies and 2 fruits, not eating after 9, and recording my food everyday are not habits that I'm accustomed to.  Thus the Challenge!  I was thinking today that I still have 7 weeks left of this.  7. WEEKS.  I don't know if I thought this through. LOL

Funny enough, Holly came home today with a paper from her Proverbs 31 Girls Club that was so perfect for where I'm at RIGHT NOW!  Today, was her first day at the club.  God's timing always amazes me and makes me laugh!

The paper she brought home was a "Parent Page" based on the girls' topic today from Proverbs 31:18.

18 She sees that her trading is profitable, 
                          and her lamp does not go out at night.

"Her lamp does not go out at night."
You see this Proverbs 31 woman was determined.

The paper had this title and these questions:

A Determined Lady

1.  Does she give up as soon as something becomes hard?
2.  Does she dwell on her problems?
3.  Does she control her emotions in times of adversity?

If you know me, you know that I love me some Proverbs 31!  I've been studying her (once again) the past couple of weeks.   I strive to be like her...soooooo-

Will I give up when this diet is getting hard?
Will I dwell on the lattes that I want to drink or the high fat food I would rather eat (a.k.a. my problems)?
Will I bite my family's head off when I'm cranky from dieting or exercising or will I control my emotions?

...Or will I be a determined Proverbs 31 lady?? 

Blessings to you,
Kris


I got the 8 Week Weight Loss Challenge idea here.

1 Comments:

  1. I am so proud of your determination to commit to a challenge. I am working on the Prov. 31 woman to be one that her family loves. I will be praying for you and no temptations from me. We will do picnic lunches away from the HUB!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers