Sunday, January 15, 2012

From The Mouths of Babes...


My sweet Holly decided she wanted to have a "ladies Bible study/sleepover".   She started asking me around November.  I was very proud of her desire to lead a Bible study, but being the slacker mom that I can be from time to time, I kept putting her off.  After all, it was the holidays, and we were busy.  And frankly, I wasn't sure if it was more about the Bible study or the sleepover.   But she was persistent.    Finally, I agreed to let her have her Bible study over Christmas break.   She was very diligent and wrote out what she was going to say.  She planned and wrote down a Scripture that each girl would read.  Her topic was very timely: "Jesus's birth".

We picked up the first little girl and my little Evangelist didn't waste any time.  Listen in on the conversation that melted my heart:

{H-Holly, LG-Little girlfriend}

LG:  What is a Bible study anyway?
H:  It's where we study the Bible.  You know, God really cares about you.  He cares so much.
LG: Like He cared about Michael Jackson?
H: Ummm,  I guess.  He cares so much that He sent His Son, Jesus to die for our sins.
LG: What are sins?
H:  They're the bad things that we do.  When Jesus died on the cross, He had so many sins on Him that God couldn't even look at Him.
LG: He had sins on Him? What did Jesus do wrong?
H: Nothing! He took all of our sins on Himself!
LG: Wow, Holly, you sure know alot.

How, sweet is that conversation??!!  

I love how God put this Bible study on Holly's heart and she was obedient.  The girls had a true Bible study that night.  They each read their Scriptures and they prayed.  I wasn't "allowed" to sit in.  But the one time I peeked in Holly was reading the Bible out loud and she stopped at the word "Galillee".
Not sure what she was reading.  But they all had their notepads that Holly provided, with pencils in hand.  
I was reminded that what I saw as an interruption,  was a divine appointment by God.  The seed of God's Word has been planted in these girls' hearts by a fellow 7 year old.  Be still my heart.

I was very convicted by this little Bible study.  Am I as bold about sharing Jesus as my 7 year old? 
It's amazing how God can speak to us through our children.  
So, now she's asking when next month's Bible study is going to be.
How could I possibly say no to this face?

Blessings to you,
Kris









1 Comments:

  1. Absolutely the most precious post I have EVER read! Thank you for sharing, Kris. What a wonderful testimony of God working through Holly's life, and how awesome to know that you and Brian helped with the process by being such godly examples. I just have to say ...I am blessed by our friendship and the example you and your family are to me. xo

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers