Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Heart Chalkboards

I love anything "chalkboard". I keep chalkboard spray on hand and have used too many times to tell!  I just recently bought chalkboard contact paper.  Oh boy.  Of course, I had the perfect spot in mind to use it.
I have a side of a cabinet in my kitchen that is bare and I felt like I needed something there.  I wanted a chalkboard "something" to post our weekly menu and a weekly family Bible verse.  {My son is 13 and suddenly it is very important to him what we are eating and when.  Thus, the need for a posted weekly menu :).}
The cabinet looked like this:

Now it looks like this:


The contact paper costs $6 for the roll from Amazon.  You can find it here.  I still have plenty left for other projects (Oh, yea!!).  It took me about 15 minutes to measure and adhere it.  The best thing is it won't damage the side of  my cabinet.  As much as I love chalkboards, I won't love it forever, so it can come down when I'm ready (which I'm sure won't be for a very, very long time).

Blessings to you,
Kris


1 Comments:

  1. Nifty idea! LOVE it, actually. I may just do the same!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers