Friday, February 3, 2012

The Good Wife's Guide Book Review






I recently read Darlene Schacht's ebook The Good Wife's Guide, Embracing Your Role as a Help Meet.  And I.LOVED.EVERY.PAGE.  

It was one of the most practical "wife" books I've ever read.  But don't let the practical side fool you, I believe that in the same way the movie Courageous challenged men, The Good Wife's Guide can and will  challenge women!

Top 5 reasons I loved this book:
1.  It is not just a book for stay at home mom's.  It's hands on information that is for women "who take joy in serving their families..."
2.  I love how the book's standard for being a "good wife" is the godly standard of Proverbs 31, not a worldly standard.  It addresses some of the pitfalls that women fall into that are very "anti-Proverbs 31" like laziness and overindulging.  We don't like to admit it-but these are real issues for us!  
3.  It addresses discipline and self-sacrifice.  Both of which will produce "life-lasting results" in our homemaking, parenting, and our quest to be godly women and wives.   
4.  It is honest about time management.  I know from experience that many of my short-comings and successes all rest on time management or lack of it.  I loved seeing such valuable guidelines to help me in black and white!
5.  One of my most favorite parts were the attitude check verses that I can meditate on for every area of my home.  I love how she shows that God cares about every detail in our lives through these verses!

I could give you lots more reasons why I loved this book-but I want you to go get this ebook and read it for yourself!  It will be time well spent!



Blessings to you,
Kris



1 Comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I love how you pulled out 5 things about the book to share. That's awesome! And I have to say that I'm humbled and blessed by this line, "I believe that in the same way the movie Courageous challenged men, The Good Wife's Guide can and will challenge women!"

    My sincere thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers