I recently read Darlene Schacht's ebook The Good Wife's Guide, Embracing Your Role as a Help Meet. And I.LOVED.EVERY.PAGE.
It was one of the most practical "wife" books I've ever read. But don't let the practical side fool you, I believe that in the same way the movie Courageous challenged men, The Good Wife's Guide can and will challenge women!
Top 5 reasons I loved this book:
1. It is not just a book for stay at home mom's. It's hands on information that is for women "who take joy in serving their families..."
2. I love how the book's standard for being a "good wife" is the godly standard of Proverbs 31, not a worldly standard. It addresses some of the pitfalls that women fall into that are very "anti-Proverbs 31" like laziness and overindulging. We don't like to admit it-but these are real issues for us!
3. It addresses discipline and self-sacrifice. Both of which will produce "life-lasting results" in our homemaking, parenting, and our quest to be godly women and wives.
4. It is honest about time management. I know from experience that many of my short-comings and successes all rest on time management or lack of it. I loved seeing such valuable guidelines to help me in black and white!
5. One of my most favorite parts were the attitude check verses that I can meditate on for every area of my home. I love how she shows that God cares about every detail in our lives through these verses!
I could give you lots more reasons why I loved this book-but I want you to go get this ebook and read it for yourself! It will be time well spent!
To make a long story short, LOVE my husband of 18 years, LOVE my 2 cool kids, Dylan 13, Holly 8, LOVE keeping my home, LOVE being with family and friends, and most importantly LOVE my Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ!
To make a long story short, LOVE my husband of 18 years, LOVE my 2 cool kids, Dylan 14 & Holly 8, LOVE hanging with family and friends, LOVE teaching 2nd grade and most importantly, LOVE my Savior & Lord Jesus Christ!