Sunday, April 1, 2012

Chalkboard Placemats and A Little Organization

I don't have a junk drawer.  My kitchen is small and even after our renovation I still only have 1 drawer.  Yes, 1 drawer.   And I'm o.k. with that.  But, I still need a place to put all the "junk".  You know, pencils, scissors, tape, chip clips, etc.  So I put baskets on top of my fridge to house all of the junk items.  You should know that I don't like things on the front of my fridge.  Any pictures, papers, and magnets are on the side.  The visual clutter bothers me.  Now you can understand why the top of my fridge was driving me nuts!



I finally took the time this weekend to fix it.  I got 2 baskets from Target (where else?).  I put all the same stuff that was in the baskets before.  But these baskets are deeper so all the stuff will be hidden.  That's the key!



The end result makes me very happy.




Now for the chalkboard paint.  I love chalkboard spray paint.  I'm always on the prowl for something to use it on.  My latest victim were these old vinyl placemats.

I sprayed them.


The result are cute place mats to keep the kids busy during mealtime.  I used them last night when we had company.




Lots of fun and best of all-simple!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers