Monday, April 2, 2012

Dollar Store Easter Centerpieces



I made these centerpieces for my daughter's Easter party at school using mostly dollar store finds.



I used 3 basic colors-pink, green, and yellow.  I recommend you stick to 3 colors so your centerpieces are streamlined and visually appealing.

I used these flowers from the dollar store. 1 bunch for each centerpiece.  I agonized over these LOL.  I even returned some until I found the ones that worked best.  I was determined to find them for a dollar, so I wouldn't have to spend a bunch of money.  I even made the vase of peeps and brought it with me to the store so I could try out the different bunches of flowers.  You may need to do the same to find the best ones from your dollar store selection.

These foamy eggs on a stick were the finishing touch.  I had some extras but each bag had my 3 primary colors.


I wasn't able to find the bunnies at Dollar Tree, only the chicks.  CVS was the only place near me that had different color Peep bunnies-even Walmart and Target only had 2 colors max.


The vase I used was a cylinder type from the dollar store.  It's not very big.  Probably only big enough for a baseball to fit inside.  Don't take the Peeps apart and put them in the vase.  I used 24 Peeps per vase.  I had to squeeze them in but that's what keeps them in tact.



The end result were cute centerpieces that took me about 30 minutes to assemble!

Happy Resurrection Day,
Kris





I'm linking here:

1 Comments:

  1. Oh, those are just adorable! I'm not hosting Easter this year, but I'm going to have to remember this for the future.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers