Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Pinterest-Inspired Easter

I hope you had a wonderful Resurrection Day!  The Hughes Family had a full, relaxing, yet busy, fun-filled day.  We are so thankful to have spent the day with my parents and some of our best friends.

Here's a recap of the day:
It started at 6:30 a.m with a sunrise service.
In my opinion, this is the only way to celebrate the empty tomb!  

Then, we went out to breakfast.

After breakfast, the kids dug into their Easter baskets.  Aren't these egg baskets the cutest?



Then, we crashed!  The boys were up at 4 a.m. and the girls were up at 5:30 a.m.  
So we were exhausted!

Later in the afternoon Brian and the kids hit the pool while I made the final preparations.

At 5, my parents and our friends the Sophie's came over for Easter dinner.
Most of our food and decorations were Pinterest-inspired!

The Empty Tomb Cake

LOTS of delicious food.




Peeps Sweet Potatoes


Hot Pineapple Casserole





And of course, Easter would not be complete without a night time egg hunt with glow in the dark eggs!


The Peeps fondue was too yummy for words.



We had the most beautiful weather to enjoy the outdoors.
It was a perfect Easter Day!

Here's a link to my Easter boards on Pinterest.  Most of the recipes I made today came from there.


Happy Easter to you and yours, 
Kris








1 Comments:

  1. Kris,
    I greatly admire your desire to serve your family. I am also truly blessed by your friendship. You are wonderful. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers