Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Verse That Changed My Parenting Forever

Do you raise your voice at your children? "Raise your voice"-that's the Christian pc way of saying "yell". LOL
Quite a few years ago I read Proverbs 15:1 in a parenting context. And it literally changed the way I parented. I began to see that when I used a soft answer MY wrath was turned away. The more I used harsh or loud words, the more anger that was stirred up in me and my children. Of course, there are times that I feel my anger swelling and my voice rising. It happens. But it's infrequent and by the grace of God He reels me back in and reminds me of Proverbs 15:1. I challenge you to make this one of your parenting life verses!
I'm linking here:

1 Comments:

  1. So true! :) Thanks for the reminder...hopping from Titus 2sDay :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 
Design by April Showers